Search This Blog

Monday, August 2, 2010

Confessions of a Crazed Road Tripper

Seven days with only my own thoughts!  2025 miles! 5 Cheap Hotels!  I just want to sell my car and fly the rest of the way.

Just when I was feeling so happy to be out of Arkansas, I found myself negotiating three different I-40 splits in six lanes of traffic with my gas pump light flashing and I had to pee.  Who knew Memphis was such a metropolis!  I took the first exit after I was sure I was on I-40 East.  There was a gas station, but it was a BP.  What to do?  I turned around in their parking lot and went the other direction.  Another BP.  Just when I'm about to give in I spy a SuperLo Station down the street. Hooray!  It's probably BP too but at least I don't know that.  There's only one thing to do after all the trauma.  I stopped at Wendy's and had french fries and a frosty which are still laying heavy on my stomach.

I left the highway in Jackson, TN because I'm delirious.  Luckily a Starbuck's appeared like a beacon of light in the darkness even though it's 3 or 4pm.  I don't know what time zone I'm in.   I'm regrouping here for a bit so I can make it to Nashville tonight. If I make it to Nashville, I know I'll arrive at Aly's tomorrow (Tuesday).

No comments: