Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Plea to the Rain Gods

Please, please, please stop raining.

And even in the midst of all the rain, they keep moving David (a copy of course).  They moved it from a niche in the Duomo to the front of the Duomo.











I thought, "Well isn't that a great third or fourth spot for David since he's also guarding the Palazzo Vechio and the Piazzale Michaelangelo (copies of course).

But then I heard music and when I looked out the window, I saw this

and this.  And I don't know where they've taken David now.  Oh, and at the same time I was watching out my window and making funny face and hand signals to the guy in the window across the street, a photographer was yelling, "Signora, Signora may I come up."  "Si, si," I said.  So I let this stranger into my apartamento.  He took his photo while I took mine and he left.

I think my next stop will be Assisi.  I'm sure it will be raining there too.  That's not a negative attitude, it's just fact.  :)

No comments: