Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Highway Trivia




This is the spa at Ojo Caliente.  Yesterday, I "took the waters" there.  Not sure why they say it that way.  Means I soaked in the pools and enjoyed it.














And I enjoyed sleeping in one of the red hammocks too.








But that was yesterday.  Today was a day filled with new learnngs. For instance,

Did you know that if you go to breakfast at 9:05 at the Comfort Inn, you've missed it.



Do you know what happens when you miss breakfast at the Comfort Inn?  You get lost in Santa Fe trying to find someplace to eat.




Did you know that I-40 is the old Route 66?  I stopped for kicks in Tucumcari, NM just because Tucumcari is fun to say.  The kicks I found turned out to be gas (for the car) and a bottle of "Hot and Spicy V-8 Juice.

Did you know that I-40 East is more interesting than I-70 East?  Well, I think so anyway.  Eastern NM is John Wayne western movie land.  Lots of red, amber and green striated mesas.  There are even hills and bends to maneuver on the highway.

Do you know what happens when you cross the border from NM to Texas?  It gets humid.

Do you know what happens when the AC in your car goes out in Texas?  You sweat a lot.

Do you know what happens when you pass up the hotels and restaurants in Amarillo?  You drive another 80 miles to Shamrock, TX, pay extra for the Holiday Inn Express next to the feed and fertilizer store because the only other choice is Sleep Inn and it's scary.  This is the view from my window.  At least I can keep an eye on my car.


Do you know what you get to have for dinner in Shamrock, TX?  A chicken sandwich with pickles at DQ's.

Do you know what happens when you eat an ice cream bar while driving?  You check into the hotel with chocolate on your left boob.

Do you know what happens when you look in the mirror in your hotel room and see the chocolate on your left boob?  You fall on the bed laughing.

I can't wait to find out what tomorrow brings.

No comments: