Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Arrivederci Lucca

One entry portal intoLucca

It's time to say Arrivederci Lucca!  I can't believe our time is up here already.  I'm just learning my way around.  Dee and I are going out tonight for our last hurrah.

Tomorrow we take the train to Rome and catch the midnight flight to Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania where hopefully someone from Cross Cultural Solutions will pick us up and take us to Bagamoyo.  We're a little nervous but I guess it's too late for that.
  

From the wall.

So much for Rosetta Stone.  I am no good at all with the language here.  Panic sets in every time I try to say something in Italian.  Or if I do manage to say something in Italian, I don't understand the reply.  It took me three days to stop saying 'bon jour' and start saying 'buongiorno'.  Mostly I say 'mi scusi' as I stare down a  bicyclist coming at me.  Six weeks in Florence by myself may prove interesting.
Cafes and bicycles

Flower Stalls


Parks and walking path on top of the wall
Parades

Arrivederci Lucca!  Habari Bagamoyo! 
Last celebration at Buralli's

1 comment:

Blue Iris said...

You are a light to the world. Thanks for sharing your generous energy! Love your photo essay. Sending prayers for your Tanzania trip!