Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

I'm Sittin' on Top of the World!


We drove to the Jungfrau Region of Switzerland near Interlachen on Friday.   The area is indescribably magnificent with lakes and rivers having water that is almost caribbean blue.  The "we" is my good friend, Doreen, who is hosting me here.  Isn't she beautiful!

First stop, Lauterbruenen.  From here we took the train and a cable car up the mountain and then walked a steep incline to a knob overlooking the valleys.  I'm so happy I made it.


Another hike along the mountain ridge to Kleine Scheidegg where we stopped for lunch and a well-deserved rest.  Along the way, we passed the Eiger, a well-known and recognizable peak in the Swiss Alps.

After lunch we hiked down the mountain to the next town and took the train back to Lauterbruenen.




The way up to the waterfall.
Everything is UP!
Next day, more hiking up to the lookout that is behind this waterfall in the Jungfrau Valley.


But then you have such great views!

Lauterbruenen













A walk through th Jungfrau Valley
Then took the cable car up to the town of Murren.




I'm really sorry but someone has to eat lunch here so I guess it may as well be me.

After lunch we walked to the next town to ride the cable car back to Lauterbruenen.  Well I walked, Doreen rode her horse.




Thank you, Doreen, for everything!
 The end of a wonderful experience.  I managed the hikes, with lots of noisy breathing and crying shins.... but I did it!

Next stop:  Annecy, France. (Sunday)


No comments: