Search This Blog

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Terra Firma

Arrived back in Ft. Lauderdale this morning, Saturday and walked about 6 miles immediately after checking into the Atlantic Hotel. It felt so good to be able to walk without reaching the edge of something. Got caught in a rainstorm. And with the rain came a cold front. I'm not complaining. So much happening everywhere.

The final stop of the cruise was at Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas, the cruise line's private island. It was the most beautiful combination of sand, water, trees I've ever seen. The colors were absolutely crystalline and so surreal and intense, we wondered if we had fallen into a computer generated reality. This stop almost made the Holland America ship worthwhile. Almost! Overall, the cruises were a great experience for me. One I loved, the other not so much. Basically, I still prefer exploring the land and dipping my feet into the sea.

Robert and I had fun together and we're still good friends although tonight we aren't talking to each other at all. We each have our face glued to our respective computer screen. Happy as clams to have free internet access again. Alas, but no more free food, or more accurately said... no more prepaid food at our fingertips.



No comments: